I’ve been very quiet with posts recently because I’ve only just recovered from Bournemouth Sevens Festival. Every year every one from Bournemouth always looks forward to May Bank Holiday. A weekend of sport, friends, drinking and music.
Here are ten reasons why Bournemouth Sevens is always a great time….
- It’s completely acceptable to drink in the day. The hardcore ones start when doors open at 9am…
- No one judges you for going on a two/three day bender, what better way to spend your Bank Holiday Weekend?
- It’s not all about alcohol of course… There is loads of sport to watch. Netball, Rugby and Dodgeball teams coming from all over the country.
- Want to get involved? There are lots of acitivities to get involved in – bubble football anyone? Or maybe you’d rather just relax in a hot tub.
- Everyone is there. It’s the World’s Largest Sport and Musical Festival. It’s such a social event and a great way to catch up with friends you haven’t seen in a while.
- Love a music festival? There are ten arenas to choose from with live DJs playing your favourite tunes.
- If you’re a performer you can get show off your talents on the karaoke.
- Pretty much anything goes in terms of clothing. There are three themed days of fancy dress. Don’t like the theme? That’s okay too, this year it was bright and tight and superheros yet my friends decided retro tennis players and lifeguards were the answer.
- You can dust off those expensive hunters or those snazzy wellies that you bought but never wear as it can get messy. Plus there’s an Ibiza foam party to get involved in.
- If you don’t like to get your hands dirty, you can go V.I.P or even V.V.I.P for a dose of luxury. There is always the glamping option for the glamorous festival goers. You don’t have to camp at all, and just get a weekend ticket!
Here’s an insight to the antics of my bank holiday weekend…
I can’t wait until next year…